Quick room inquiry

Monuments

Plague Column (Holy Trinity Cross), Hauptplatz (main square) at no. 27

Holy trinity group in the form of a mercy seat on a high column. High pedestal with four decorated consoles on which stand four holy figures. Erected 1713, renovated 1845 and 1893, surrounded by a stone balustrade.
It was commissioned by the municipality and built in 1713 after a less terrible plague year by Elias Hügel (1681 - 1755), a respected stonemason from Kaisersteinbruch. The Holy Trinity enthroned on a high column surrounded by statues of the patron saints of plague Johannes Nepomuk, Rocco, Rosalia (with a cross) and Sebastian.

Johanneskapelle Chapel, Eisenstädterstraße before the railway station turning

Square Baroque building of 1735. Round arch door with wrought iron grill, pillars, mansard roof.

Stöcklbrunnen fountain, Hauptplatz (main square) 31

Stone plinth column fountain with stepped closure and donor inscription from 1892, renovated 1998.

Florian column, Untere Hauptstraße (lower main street) at Nº. 1

Figure of St. Florian on a high, curved pedestal, cartouche with date 1745.

Josefssäule, St. Joseph statue (Leiner or Hirschfeld cross), Wienerstraße (near Hofer company)

St. Joseph with child on a square pillar, 1749, figure 2nd half 20th c. (?)

Cross with Pietà, at the Kalvarienberg

Pietà in front of a powerful stone cross on a pedestal with curved consoles. At the front purgatory depiction, above a cartouche with donor, dated 1753.

Mariensäule, statue of Mary, Blaues Kreuz, (Immaculata pillar), Eisenstädterstraße. Near Nº. 27

Mary Immaculate on a globe with snake, tapered pillar with acanthus volute capitals, 2nd half 18th c.

Johanneskapelle (the Hermit) Chapel, Kalvarienberg

Baroque building with rounded gable and ridge turrets, stone Immaculata, above the portal a cartouche with donor and dated 1739.

Leinerkreuz Shrine (known as plague column), Station - bike route - Jois

Narrow tabernacle pillars with shallow arch niches, stone cross above, inscription, dated 1679.

Christussäule, Christ pillar, the risen Christ, Untere Hauptstraße (lower main street) in the Nyikospark

Champfered stone pillar with tabernacle upper part. Figure of risen Christ on tabernacle, 18th c. Inscribed 1609.

Floridan Cross, before Jois roundabout (Mauth Hotel)

1616. Listed monument since 1962.

Plague pillar wayside shrine, Wienerstraße (Goldbergpark)

Post-Gothic tabernacle pillars and stone pyramided roof, niche figures, inscription: "erected 1696". Moved and restored 1953.

Zeinerkapelle, Untere Hauptstraße bei Nr. 99 (Kasernparkplatz)

Kleiner Nischenbau aus dem 18. Jh. mit Kreuz über Rundbogengiebel. Im Inneren drei Figurennischen. Denkmalschutz seit 1981.

Tabor-ruin – secret symbol of the town

For a long time this ruin was said to be Roman but it is medieval. Some think it is a 12th c. royal fortress, others a defence tower. The Tabor was used later for defence purposes. Fortified in 1708 but could not withstand attack by the Kurucs.

Vollathkapelle Chapel, Marthalwald

Erected 1998 by the Vollath family as a thanksgiving. Statue "Mary and child", Inscription "Ave Maria" by Neusiedl artist with motto "We thank God".

Froschaukapelle Chapel approx. 1860 (Tschanekkapelle Chapel)

after the railway viaduct on the cycle route to Jois. The chapel (2,50x0,90 metres) has a stone cross on the flat gable and crucifix behind an iron grill. Dedication May 20, 1984 by parish then priest Dr. Kohl.

Neunmahdkapelle Chapel, Florianikapelle Chapel, Zitzmannsdorfer Wiesen

Small, square building with saddle roof and curved gables. Stone figure of St. Florian, 18th c.

Mit Unterstützung von:

Kultur BURGENLAND Bundesdenkmalamt